Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Eyes bigger than your Belly

This is a "famous" expression...I've looked all over and can't seem to find where it came from, but I remember being told this quite often when I was younger! Usually when I put too much food on my plate and then couldn't finish it!

I was reminded of this on Monday when I ventured out to the fabric store...About 2 years ago I bought a sewing machine with great ambition, around that time I also bought this awesome grey sweatshirt material with butterflies on it and ideas of a cute outfit for K...well that material is was still in one piece 2 years later...
 Now it looks like this...the beginning of what I hope will turn into a cute warm winter dress!
Hope is the key word there as I am not by any means talented or patient when it comes to sewing. In fact at this very moment said sewing machine and I are in a fight! I have an email into the expert, aka my lovely mother, for some advice before I chuck the thing into the lake.

But back to Monday and the adventure into the fabric store...
 This is all the fun I found, everything was in the clearance section! I have discovered that 'boy' patterns are hard to come by but found two great ones to attempt to make some pants out of for B to wear to Church. I found some equally awesome fabric for Kaitlyn to make either two pairs of pants out of or a skirt and pants or maybe even another dress? The lovely red and gold holly fabric caught my eye and gave me the brilliant intentions of a Christmas dress!

I love craft stores and fabric stores, they are full of good ideas, good intentions, great ambition and wonderful, colourful fabrics and every.single.thing you could ever dream of making or doing in the craft world. Causing my mind to race, plans to unfold and amazing masterpieces to come to mind. Of course I buy all these wonderful ideas and then once they get home they tend to sit in a pile for a year or two while the reality of my skills set in and the realization of my patience level come into play. But this time I am determined, really I am...
Or have my eyes been a bit bigger than my sewing skills when I hit up the fabric store...

I have ambition, now if I could borrow someone's patience for a few weeks we might actually get a few cute outfits from this loot.

If you hear screaming and swearing and a splash, it wasn't meant to be...

No comments:

Post a Comment