Thursday, April 22, 2010

Rain Rain...

stay please!!
I just LOVE the rain and thunder storms, I'm not sure why. I know when I was little thunderstorms used to scare me alot. I remmeber one night in particular living in Groote Eylant and Mum and Dad had gone out for dinner or something and we had a babysitter and a HUGE storm. One of those awesome, light up the sky, huge storms! I was petrified and in tears and our babysitter had me stand on the front porch in our house on stilts and watch the sky with her...it was magical! Haven't been afraid since in fact quite the opposite, I live for a great storm and pelting rain!
I think some of it must come from growing up in the tropics, where you can wear your swim suit and run up and down the hot drive way with the rain pelting down on you! Or dress up in the rarely used raincoats and gum boots and stomp around in puddles. Maybe it all stems from fun childhood memories?  Maybe it has to do with me being born on the coldest, dreariest day in Melbourne where I think Mum said it got dark by 3pm...who knows other than I really love a good storm!
Nothing more beautiful than a rain storm cleaning everything off, bringing new life into the earth...very magical. I could fall asleep to rain every night.

In true Colorado fashion, April showers have arrived...it's currently storming and pelting rain outside my office window making the skies dark and grey (a rarity around here). Of course we also get the awful tornado warning sirens but if you can drown those out it really is peaceful to just sit and watch the rain.
This is my view at the moment taken by my cell phone inside a window and still captures such beauty in the sky!
We are supposed to move in the next month, hopefully to the great state of Georgia and I really need to look up the local weather and see if they get rain as often as I'd like. We will be living on the river and I can't think of anything cooler than watching the rain come down on the water and splash up!
I could sit here all day and watch, but as I only have 2 weeks left here I should probably do my work and leave a good impression with my boss instead of a blank stare shadowed by rain clouds!

No comments:

Post a Comment