Thursday, December 30, 2010

So long, farewell...

2010 you have been pretty great to me...

Some of the majors included giving birth to my beautiful son on May 14th 2010 at 12:28am (he didn't want to be a 13th baby like his Daddy). Blake Andrew, named well because we liked Blake and Andrew is one of our best friends, my grandfathers (may he rest in peace) middle name and a slight tribute to my darling youngest sister Andrea, was born 9lbs 0.03 ozs and nope I didn't have GD or any inclination that he was going to be so big! He was 20.25inchs...which I'm still unsure about as hubby and I both heard 21.25 inches but she wrote down 20.25 and when I asked to have him re-measured they asked the same lady and she just said nope it was right...so the forever mystery I guess :)
                                       
Quitting my job and fulfilling my dream of becoming a SAHM
-The best choice I've ever made...I've spent my career life wondering what I really should be doing, researching careers and talking with career and school counsellors trying to figure out what I should be doing with my life. At the end of 2009 I began my journey to a Masters in Teaching and Learning and thought that was a good career move.
When we found out we were pregnant after trying to so long we sat down and decided the best choice would be for me to stay home with the kids for at least a year...I was so excited, nervous and anxious about this journey I was about to embark on. May 7th, 2010 was my last day of work, sigh of relief and a week at home with just one kid...a week later my challenge doubled in the best way.
SAHM-hood is hard but ridiculously rewarding. I have days when I want to scream, days when I want to cry, days when I laugh so hard it hurts, days when my heart is so full of love I can't believe these precious, wonderful kids are mine and I wouldn't change my decision for anything!
The beginning financially was a huge toll on us, we had to rely on WIC and state health care, family to let us stay in their house and had nothing at the end of the month, it was tough and I often questioned returning to work even sent in an application once...but we've come in a full circle in short 7 months and now we can't qualify for WIC because we make too much, state health care is off the books too and we're renting a fabulous new 4bd/2ba house in northwest Georgia.
My heart smiles daily!



Moving across country to Alabama, and moving to Georgia.
-Moving is hard, packing boxes, organizing, physically moving, the logistics are complicated...nevermind the emotional side of it all. I have a hard time being overwhelemed with stuff and trying to move especially 2 weeks postpardum makes it very very hard. My parents are my angels and helped me move...psh helped...they moved us. Without them we'd be, well lets not go there because it'd be a mess!
The second move, a mere 2 hours away, was a bit easier...not alot but a little bit. My in-laws helped us with the aftermath of cleaning and sorting which was so wonderful and without them I fear we may still not have the lake house in order!
Mostly I'm focusing on the we did it, we made it, we have a home again and all is well.


Other things:

I lost weight...just a few pounds in 2011 to hit the goal.

I learned to crochet...and did a stupid amount of fun, fantastic arts and crafts!

I lost a friend...but gained the understanding of what friendship means to me and how I know I should be treated.

I gained a friend back...I lost a friend in 2009 for reasons she and I haven't be able to figure out, a very dear friend who was my best in college and we just seemed to grow apart. We re-kindled and are slowly working on getting to know each other and how to have an adult friendship as opposed to our college one, I hope 2011 brings us close again!

I started going to church again and am working hard on my relationship with God and how I fit into church and how I want my kids to fit into church and learn to know and love Jesus.

2010 was an emotional year for some friends of mine...losing a child, losing parents, divorces, moves, career changes, etc. I wish I could take away all their pain, give them hugs and make the tears go away but I've learned what strength and courage look like and cannot put into words how amazed I am at my friends and how they've met their battles. I truly hope 2011 brings them joy and happiness and helps to disolve some of their tears.

Good-bye 2010, thank you for all you brought me and the lessons I learned!

May peace break into your home and may thieves come to steal your debts.
May the pockets of your jeans become a magnet for $50 bills.
May love stick to your face like Vaseline and may laughter assault your lips!
May happiness slap you across the face and may your tears be that of joy.
May the problems you had, forget your home address!...
In simple words..May the year 2011 be the best year of your life!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment