Monday, September 27, 2010

Fall, where are you?

My husband warned me when he picked me up from the airport that it would be hot and humid...I laughed and brushed him off. I'm Australian, I lived in Indonesia...Georgian/Alabaman heat ain't got nothing on me...then I stepped off that plane on May 29th and into the heat. The sticky heat that mattes your hair to your forehead and causes sweat to trickle down your body. The hot, humid HEAT...with no escape.
I immediately wished I hadn't picked jeans to wear that day...but being 2 weeks post pardum my choices were limited...I was exhausted and now exhausted and hot not a good combination.

As we enter the second week of Fall in the South I'm reminded of the day I experienced my first taste of Southern heat...we survived the summer and while I long for sweatshirts and UGG boots and jeans I do love that we can take a walk in shorts and a T at the end of September and still have to wipe the sweat from our brow.

Today we took our first long walk of many...I stuck Blake in Ergo and Kaitlyn in her stroller, grabbed the camera and headed down our street, plastic bag to collect leaves and sneakers tied tight...neither kid complained and both had fun!

Beautiful flower stopped me in my tracks not 10 feet from the driveway

The amazing September sky in Eastern Alabama


My sweet angel enjoy the Fall sunshine in her skirt and shirt!

 My grumpy little man, watching the dog with the upmost curiosity...she is somewhat crazy!




 Southern Fall leaves...I was surprised to discover that the leaves do change colour here and fall from the trees! Maybe the South has hope for 'real' seasons after all :P




I don't think Fall is quite here, despite the down pour of rain last night and the cooler temps today...but I have hope for a Southern Fall and the need for sweatshirts, UGGS and jeans...maybe not for long, but I'm sure they'll be a need!

No comments:

Post a Comment