Tuesday, September 28, 2010

The hats I wear...

I always wanted one of those cool, floppy sun hats something chic and oh so cool to sport at the beach...I have yet to find the perfect one or the guts to buy one..

I do however wear a lot of metaphorical hats...
*daughter
*sister
*friend
*wife
*mother

wow it's hard to type that out in order that way, I automatically want to put mother first...I mean what mother doesn't? (well maybe besides Amber on Teen Mom)

But I have learned since becoming a Mum that while my kids may always be at the forefront of my mind the rest of my life did not stop or end or change completely when I had children. I will always be a daughter first and a sister second, I put friend as third since really that's how it happened but in honestly they are at the end of the list priority wise...being a wife next and while in my world I was a mother before a wife I know that my marriage has to take a precedence over my children because once the kids grow up and move out we go to being just the two of us...and lastly but far from leastly I am a mother.

Of course amongst those are the sub hats; masters student, cook, blogger, Christian, MOPS member and social coordinator, homeschool teacher, homemaker, photographer, football fan, cloth diapering mama, coupon searching and

Being a woman is a daily challenge, we answer to so many people.We have our own dreams and expectations nevermind the ones placed on us from everywhere else. Knowing how to juggle our many hats and when to put on each one, how to sport more than one at once is a daily challenge. Sometimes a hat gets dropped or blown away in the wind, is too big or fails to balance with all the others up there. We have our lists of what needs done, who we have to answer to for the day, what order things have to happen, etc. For me doing life with grace and hope and faith knowing we all make mistakes and fail but learn from those mistakes makes me stronger.

And who knows maybe one day I will find that ulta-hip, super cool hat and sport it...maybe just maybe I'll look as cute as this...

No comments:

Post a Comment