Monday, August 30, 2010

MOPS

Tomorrow is our first MOPS meeting...I've never been before and not sure what to expect. I've been researching the group philosophy; "MOPS is a diverse group of women who all have something in common-a preschooler, age conception to 5 years old. The purpose of MOPS is to nurture every mother by meeting her distinct needs to the glory of Jesus Christ. We seek to do this through fellowship, friendship, education and mentoring by experienced moms."
Tomorrow is the kick off party at the Presbyterian Church, a catered lunch with fun water play activites for the kiddos. Our new friend Jen and her kids are meeting us there. There is a nursery for kids 0-12 months, I'm still undecided if I want to send Blake or not...I think tomorrow until I get comfortable with the ladies and find out/meet the people who watch the babies,  I will keep him by my side :)
MOPS website
I'm hoping the group is fun and welcoming (I have yet to find anything in the South that isn't) and we can plan on this as a consistent activity. The group meets twice a month, something that will be a nice play date for Kaitlyn and a good adult breather for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment