Monday, September 13, 2010

To schedule of not to schedule

So I spent time writing out a long schedule, figuring in our activities, what I want to accomplish, etc....today was the beginning of said schedule...and I'm quickly finding with a 3 yr old and a 4 month old (tomorrow) a strict schedule is really not possible. Well it's possible but not if I want to keep kids happy and enjoy my time with them!

I am re-evaluating what needs to be scheduled and how to go about our days. I'm thinking instead of scheduling our day, we or better yet I need to set goals. Instead of at 10am I will clean, my goal is by noon to have finished my cleaning for the day and be ready to start lunch. That way when B decides he wants to nap at 10:30 instead of 10am I'm not thrown off for the rest of the day. I want to cheerish all the time I have with my kids at home, as well as maintain a clean house...with two kids and home alone all week it's not easy. But I'm confident we will find a balance that will make everyone happy!

Today I did not fulfill the schedule at all...but tomorrow I will catch up on today's chores and finish tomorrows! We have B's 4 month check up in the am, I cannot believe he is 4 months old already :( time is moving so fast, after that we'll grab some Chick Fil A for lunch as a treat then home to clean, organize and play, play play with my two loves :)

No comments:

Post a Comment